VOCE minutes Nov. 2018

Minutes of Voce Meeting  –  Thurs. 22ndthNovember

Present: Gail Hazell, Stewart Hazell, Chris R., Catherine, Pam, Judy B., Di Hensler, Marion, Lesley    Apologies: Kent

Item Action
Rehearsal 4thDec.

Proposed: an early finish to rehearsal so that the group can have a small get-together with finger food, tea and coffee, and present gifts to Directors and pianist.

Group members to provide finger food

Catherine to bring supply of tea, coffee, sugar and milk

End of Year Gifts thank you gifts to consist of cards and small gifts.  Gail had purchased a Christmas bunting gift and Marion will assemble a basket of healthy treats for Matt. Gail, Marion and various members  to buy the gifts and Catherine to buy the cards.
Christmas Wonderland carol singing was confirmed for Friday 7thDecember, 7:30 – 8:15.  Arrive at the gates at 7;00 and proceed to stage, to begin at 7:30

Other parts for ‘Coventry Carol’ and “May I Suggest”  have been posted to the website.

Astrid to plan repertoire
Finances:  Pam suggested that an overview of finances be presented at each meeting.

Discussion of fees was brought forward from the March meeting.  It was proposed by Stewart that because of the extra personnel employed by the choir and the additional performances undertaken throughout the year a slight increase to the fee structure should be considered at this time in readiness for 2019.

It was decided that the fees for next year be set at:

Yearly fees:   Waged:  $370.00     Unwaged:  $295.00

Per Term:      Waged: $100.00    Unwaged:  $80.00

Discussion was also held around the payment of a separate fee by people who are casual attendees.

A register of participants will be kept at each rehearsal to serve as a record of attendance for insurance purposes. There have been some objections to the ‘ticking’ but it was proposed that we continue with the register as a safety issue.  Chris will tick off attendees if they haven’t done so.



Marion will update information on the flyer in preparation for 2019

2019 Dates.

1st Rehearsal  – Tuesday 29th January.

Proposed Workshop date – Sunday, 17thFebruary.

Big Sing  Sunday 27thOctober  (Brisbane)

Lesley proposed that we hold the Feb. workshop n the CUA Hub.


Chris to check the availability of the CUA Hub for the Workshop.

Major events for 2019

Discussion occurred concerning activities for the choir during 2019.

Loretto wrote to Ann Birmingham at Stradbroke Is, inquiring about upcoming events that we could perhaps  attend and Ann replied that it will be discussed with her committee.

Matt also suggested a function at the South Coast with an associated choir called Oriana

It was noted that James Cuskelly would be attending the Winter School at USQ and we may to able to perform there.

A meeting to be held between Astrid and Matt and two Voce members to discuss co-ordination of activites/rehearsals for 2019 focusing on communication. recording of parts for repertoire and a trip to New Zealand to perform at a Musical function there.
2019 continued.

A suggestion was also put forward that we hold a special concert together with some invited local choirs, towards the end of 2019 that would include repertoire both old and new.

Discussion was also held regarding Choirbolical singing at other small community events throughout the year.

Suggested activities included a function with TRAMS.  Lesley proposed a combined drumming performance with Toni Trace who uses performances for people recovering from trauma.

It was proposed that Lesley compile a calendar of rehearsal dates and performances for 2019 and check both Astrid and Matt’s availability


Stewart to find out more information re the refurbished space at the Town Hall.


Consult with Michelle to investigate community functions that may be both receptive to listening to our choir and which would also enrich the experiences of the choir.



Lesley to compile calendar of events.


Choir members are to be encouraged to put in a little extra effort with their practices at home so that performances can be presented ‘sheet music free’.

Voce Meetings

Gail proposed that we conduct future Voce meetings at an alternative venue due to Pam’s increasingly busy family like.

We are very appreciative of the generosity of Pam and her family who have welcomed us to so many meetings throughout the years.  The warmth of the greetings one receives is a testament to the warmth of their hearts.

Voce meeting dates for  2019

24th January

21st March

23rd May

18th July

19th September

21st November.


Meeting closed at 8:00

Next Meeting to be held at the Park House Café, 24th Jan, 6:00pm

Lesley to check the availability of a small space in which to meet at the Café.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.