Welcome to 2019 from Choirbolical

We are looking forward to a new year of singing together. To start the year off here are some initial dates to put in your calendar:

VOCE meeting – Thursday 24th January 6pm @ Park House Cafe – all welcome to join us at the reserved table if you would like to be an active member of this group who will help with the smooth running of choir in 2019.

Find Nov 2018 VOCE minutes in previous post to see how you can help and what we may be looking forward to.

First choir rehearsal – Tuesday 29th January at DeMolay House Margaret St. 6.45pm for a 7pm start – 8.30pm finish.

Early WORKSHOP – proposed date: Sunday 17th February. Details to follow.

See you soon.

 

 

VOCE minutes Nov. 2018

Minutes of Voce Meeting  –  Thurs. 22ndthNovember

Present: Gail Hazell, Stewart Hazell, Chris R., Catherine, Pam, Judy B., Di Hensler, Marion, Lesley    Apologies: Kent

Item Action
Rehearsal 4thDec.

Proposed: an early finish to rehearsal so that the group can have a small get-together with finger food, tea and coffee, and present gifts to Directors and pianist.

Group members to provide finger food

Catherine to bring supply of tea, coffee, sugar and milk

End of Year Gifts thank you gifts to consist of cards and small gifts.  Gail had purchased a Christmas bunting gift and Marion will assemble a basket of healthy treats for Matt. Gail, Marion and various members  to buy the gifts and Catherine to buy the cards.
Christmas Wonderland carol singing was confirmed for Friday 7thDecember, 7:30 – 8:15.  Arrive at the gates at 7;00 and proceed to stage, to begin at 7:30

Other parts for ‘Coventry Carol’ and “May I Suggest”  have been posted to the website.

Astrid to plan repertoire
Finances:  Pam suggested that an overview of finances be presented at each meeting.

Discussion of fees was brought forward from the March meeting.  It was proposed by Stewart that because of the extra personnel employed by the choir and the additional performances undertaken throughout the year a slight increase to the fee structure should be considered at this time in readiness for 2019.

It was decided that the fees for next year be set at:

Yearly fees:   Waged:  $370.00     Unwaged:  $295.00

Per Term:      Waged: $100.00    Unwaged:  $80.00

Discussion was also held around the payment of a separate fee by people who are casual attendees.

A register of participants will be kept at each rehearsal to serve as a record of attendance for insurance purposes. There have been some objections to the ‘ticking’ but it was proposed that we continue with the register as a safety issue.  Chris will tick off attendees if they haven’t done so.

 

 

Marion will update information on the flyer in preparation for 2019

2019 Dates.

1st Rehearsal  – Tuesday 29th January.

Proposed Workshop date – Sunday, 17thFebruary.

Big Sing  Sunday 27thOctober  (Brisbane)

Lesley proposed that we hold the Feb. workshop n the CUA Hub.

 

Chris to check the availability of the CUA Hub for the Workshop.

Major events for 2019

Discussion occurred concerning activities for the choir during 2019.

Loretto wrote to Ann Birmingham at Stradbroke Is, inquiring about upcoming events that we could perhaps  attend and Ann replied that it will be discussed with her committee.

Matt also suggested a function at the South Coast with an associated choir called Oriana

It was noted that James Cuskelly would be attending the Winter School at USQ and we may to able to perform there.

A meeting to be held between Astrid and Matt and two Voce members to discuss co-ordination of activites/rehearsals for 2019 focusing on communication. recording of parts for repertoire and a trip to New Zealand to perform at a Musical function there.
2019 continued.

A suggestion was also put forward that we hold a special concert together with some invited local choirs, towards the end of 2019 that would include repertoire both old and new.

Discussion was also held regarding Choirbolical singing at other small community events throughout the year.

Suggested activities included a function with TRAMS.  Lesley proposed a combined drumming performance with Toni Trace who uses performances for people recovering from trauma.

It was proposed that Lesley compile a calendar of rehearsal dates and performances for 2019 and check both Astrid and Matt’s availability

 

Stewart to find out more information re the refurbished space at the Town Hall.

 

Consult with Michelle to investigate community functions that may be both receptive to listening to our choir and which would also enrich the experiences of the choir.

 

 

Lesley to compile calendar of events.

Performance:

Choir members are to be encouraged to put in a little extra effort with their practices at home so that performances can be presented ‘sheet music free’.

All
Voce Meetings

Gail proposed that we conduct future Voce meetings at an alternative venue due to Pam’s increasingly busy family like.

We are very appreciative of the generosity of Pam and her family who have welcomed us to so many meetings throughout the years.  The warmth of the greetings one receives is a testament to the warmth of their hearts.

Voce meeting dates for  2019

24th January

21st March

23rd May

18th July

19th September

21st November.

 Closure.

Meeting closed at 8:00

Next Meeting to be held at the Park House Café, 24th Jan, 6:00pm

Lesley to check the availability of a small space in which to meet at the Café.

Rehearsal this Tues 4th

Rehearsal this Tues 4th Dec 6:45 for 7 pm start – this is our last for the year, so bring a plate (coffee and tea supplied ) so we can have a catch up after the rehearsal.

Here is some useful information about the 7th Dec performance. Remember we can park at Pam’s and walk down Lindsay St too, byo a plate and drinks.

CHOIRBOLICAL
Friday 7th – first session – 7.30 – 8.15 pm

We are already setting up the park each day and so not long now until we open to the public from Saturday 1st December. We are very much looking forward to your wonderful contribution to Toowoomba’s Christmas Wonderland 2018. Thank you so much for volunteering your time and talents. It is very much appreciated.

GENERAL INFORMATION TO ALL ENTERTAINERS

OPENING TIME AND ENTRY TO SITE
Please kindly advise your group members that they are not to come onsite until after Opening Time of 7pm.

SIGN IN AND SIGN OUT
As always, you will be required to sign the group in and out with the Stage Manager.

PARKING
Volunteer parking is on the grassed area behind the Historical Society in Lindsay Street and a sign will be on the little loop road behind the Historical Society.

WEATHER AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
All announcements will be on our Facebook page. Sometimes weather calls can be as late as 6pm as often thunderstorms come and go quickly and do not change our opening.

PHOTOS
From time to time, we may take photos of our entertainers. These may be used in any of our various promotional formats. It will be assumed that this meets with your approval unless management receives your objection in writing prior to the event.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Margaret.
Margaret de Nooyer, Entertainment Coordinator
TOOWOOMBA’S CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND – 2018
0407 177 260; [email protected]
http://www.christmaswonderland.com.au/ and on Facebook
1st – 24th December 2018, 7pm to 10 pm

Dates for this year and next

Please check Repertoire as I have posted the Alto line for May I Suggest.  The other parts are still coming…

As we get to the busy time of year – here are a few dates for you to remember :-

Friday 16th Nov Social in private room at El Attar, please transfer $35 to chorbolical account prior to the date.  Partners welcome need to let Gail Hazell know how many are coming.

Tues 20th Nov Rehearsal

The 22nd Nov VOCE meeting

Tues 4th Dec Last Rehearsal for 2018 (Bring a plate to share)

Fri 7th Dec Christmas carols at Xmas wonderland 7:30 to 8:15pm drinks afterwards @ Pam’s BYO food and drinks

2019

Thu 17th Jan VOCE meeting

Tues 29th Jan First Rehearsal

Tues 5th Feb Rehearsal