- Sorry everyone but it seems that we won’t have a credible choirbolical performance today with a very depleted male line due to illness and absence. Hope you get this notice with enough time to reorganise your day. Sorry once again.
Marion (and Chrissy who was to lead us)
A gentle reminder of our next rehearsal: Tuesday 15 August, 6:45 for a prompt 7:00 start.Demolay House 90 Margaret Street, opposite Queen’s Park. ALSO, choir folk who are available for the Languages and Cultures festival coming up on Sunday 20th Aug to stay after Choirbolica rehearsal, for a half hour extra rehearsal to run through the list of songs.
Attending: Pam, Rebecca, Lesley, Gail, Stuart, Catherine, Marion. Apologies: Kent, Dino
- Languages & Cultures Festival: 20th Aug – Astrid not available
ACTIONS– show of hands @ rehearsal of singers willing to go / Rebecca to email Chrissie M and Susie F to see if they are willing to help conduct.
- November Events:
- Friday 10th Nov, Jazz @ Toowoomba North Bowls club
- Saturday 11th Nov, Joint Concert with Toowoomba Vocal Ensemble (Elaine Coates)
ACTIONS- a) Marion to add dates & details to website b) Kent to contact Elaine to confirm with Elaine. Suggest Elaine and Astrid be in touch directly with each other and choose a piece of music to exchange. Next VOCE confirm proposal – venue (CUA or too small?)/ money raiser?/ charity concert? Etc.
- Christmas Wonderland: Suggestion that if we participate, our final rehearsal could be Tues 5th December and we offer to walk over and sing a bracket of songs at 8pm. Break-up?
ACTIONS- Check with Astrid if willing/ Marion remove 19th Dec rehearsal from web calendar.
- FOV-Festival of Voices wrap up: a) Payment for Astrid – ACTION – Catherine to follow-up with Astrid b) Report and photos to go on the website. ACTION – Marion to compile report and ask Astrid about photos. c) Andrew to talk at next rehearsal. C) Thankyou to Anna Goldsmith for coordinating communication ACTION– Pam to organize card/ Gail to get flowers for next rehearsal.
- Banner: Stuart to investigate cost of a flag banner with Snap Printing
- Amplifier & Risers: Stuart to discuss with Astrid possibility of using an amplifier (hire/borrow to trial). Catherine to check Owen’s Photography portable risers & Stuart other possibilities to give portable height to back row.
- Name Tags: Pam to get blanks from Judy and have available for new members from next rehearsal. Encourage everyone to wear?
- VOCE admin notebook: have a standard operational procedures login tab on website to access important info, e.g. insurance/ banking/ hall contact & keys/ equipment inc. piano/ webmaster & management/ artwork files/ other choirs contact list ACTIONS- Rebecca to start compiling list/ Marion to arrange new tab for 2018
- Emails on Website: who receives and replies to comments/ emails on website. Astrid??
- SING into SPRING @ Walton’s Store Stage September 9th – suggesting a later time 12.30 pm or 1pm ACTION: check with Astrid & Pam to check out the market at these times. Lesley to ask about requirements needed to put photos or advertise our performance on the screen.
- PHOTOS: a) CUA concert photos taken by Nev Madsen ACTIONS: Pam to get thankyou card/ Lesley to get bottle of wine/ Gail to give them to Nev with our thanks. Marion to ask Astrid about choosing files for the website. CUA have requested photos from this performance and from FOV to include in their newsletter? b) Just Us Choirbolical facebook created by Chris – some photos there can we choose and add some to website which is more accessible for all. Are there more photos out there? Astrid?
- New Repertoire; look forward to new music for performances for the rest of year.
- Theatre Restaurant – choirbolical table @ theatre restaurant in Ipswich with Clive and Alison? Clive and Alison to bring fliers.
- BIG SING: Astrid is not available –Communicate to choir/ show hands those that may attend/ want to sing without Astrid…
VOCE meeting at Pam Wilson’s house 15 Argyle Street Tuesday 25 July 6:30.
Choirbolical rehearsal for tonight is CANCELLED
Choir rehearsal will resume 1 August usual time and place.
No VOCE tonight, too many people still not well enough.
Apologies from Astrid (poor dear)
Get better soon!
As Astrid is not going to be able to attend tonight and as many of our members are still crook as well, please watch for a follow up email today before you come to rehearsal tonight. Rehearsal may be cancelled. I am awaiting feed back from others to make the decision. Astrid was going to introduce new repertoire and we really don’t have a lot to do. I want to suggest that anyone wanting to participate with VOCE at Park House tonight, that might be an alternative. More as know.
A gentle reminder of our next rehearsal: Tuesday 18 July, 6:45 for a prompt 7:00 start.
Demolay House 90 Margaret Street, opposite Queen’s Park.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Calling all Choirbolicals: We are performing Tues 27 June, 6:00 for 7:30 start: CUA Community Hub, (Credit Union Australia Community Space down from Walton’s Stores, front entrance facing Ruthven) Please bring your family, friends and anyone you can get to attend as we love applause!
If you wish to have an opportunity to practice for the Tuesday performance, the Elvery’s are having a do it yourself practice at their home, Herbert and Kitchner Street at 4:00pm on Sunday 25 June. Thank you Andrew and Marion!
Here they are! Couple of iffy rhythms on my part, but the song is very repetitive, so hopefully if I stuff one up along the way, you will hear it correctly 100 other times.
Tenors, I have sung your part largely as the top line of the ‘baritone’ part of the piece. You’re sharing a line with the basses for most of the song. However you share the alto line in the Verses.
Altos, I have given the tenors the bottom alto line in the verses. However some altos will need to sing the lower harmony in the chorus, in the “Freedom” section.
Freedom – all parts
Freedom – Soprano
Freedom – Alto
Freedom – Tenor
Freedom – Bass
FREEDOM FOV sheet music
A gentle reminder of our next rehearsal: Tuesday 20 June, 6:45 for a prompt 7:00 start.
Demolay House 90 Margaret Street, opposite Queen’s Park.
And Tues 27 June, 6:45 for 7:00 start: CUA Community Hub, (Credit Union Australia Community Space down from Walton’s Stores, front entrance facing Ruthven) No food or drink to be provided. Encourage friends and family to be our audience for this magnificent event. We need an audience! Gail’s brother, Nev Madsen, may come to take photos.