A gentle reminder to All Choirbolical members:
VOCE is meeting Tuesday 28 March 6:30 @ 15 Argyle Street Toowoomba ( Pam’s )
Everyone is welcome to participate! It is casual and you can share ideas.
We are still formulating our performance schedule and your input is most welcome!
VOCE MEETING – 28.3.17
Present: Lesley, Marion, Pam, Kent, Catherine
Apologies: Dino, Chris R, Alison B, Rebecca
- First Coat festival: Saturday May 20th choir will perform pop-up performances, meeting first on lawn in front of Empire Theatre at 9 am for performances 9.30 – 11.30 am to be followed by a shared lunch in a park.
Action: Leslie will confirm details with organisers
- Tuesday 20 June- performance at Bon Amici. Walk down after a short rehearsal.
Action: Dino to explore possibilities.
- Toowoomba Performance – proposal for 22nd July.
Action: Check with Suzie about this date as a possibility. Canvas other performance ideas with choir.
- Summer Tunes – to investigate being one of the performance groups for this at the end of the year.
Action: Leslie to follow up.
- Jazz Club – possibility of September date.
Action: Marion to follow up and let us know the outcome from Jazz Club.
- Cultures and Languages Festival – 20 August. Awaiting application form.
- Spring Event – 9 September. Idea to have instrumental/percussion (no experience required) and voice workshops (Orff person & Astrid). Target group is Choirbolical and others through word of mouth.
Action: Kent to check availability of Choral Hall. Pam to inform other choirs etc. Brian to follow up on Orff possibilities and hopefully come along to next Voce meeting
- Big Sing: Action: Kent to contact James or Carla to find out details.
- Joint concert with Elaine Coates’ choir to help with their fundraising. Possibly joint performance again at end of year.
Action: Kent to contact Elaine.
- Voce membership: Kent will encourage new members to come along and help out with Voce this year as we really appreciate the new ideas and enthusiasm that newer members bring.
- Social activity: Proposal is to encourage people to come along early for a coffee/glass of wine at 6 pm at Park House, commencing rehearsal 18 April
- Fees: looking at possibility of using current balance to cover choir members . Action: Action: Kent to discuss with Astrid.
- “You’re The Voice” – domestic violence awareness project
Action: Kent to follow up.