Date Claimer and more

Saturday afternoon March 16th – mark the date in your calendar as Choirbolical is planning an Afternoon concert of all we’ve learnt so far and having some socializing time. More exciting details to follow and suggestions welcomed!

A thankyou and opportunity. Our wonderful Judy is retiring her much valued contribution to Choirbolical graphics and a big thankyou from all of us. Now the opportunity – if you have an interest or flair (it does not need to be professional!) for designing, we are looking for some new graphics for our choir badges and possibly for programs during the year.

In other news, Choirbolical was represented at a Toowoomba Community ARTS workshop facilitated by Caroline on the weekend. What a wonderful exchange of ideas with clear aspirations for facilitating more advocacy for choirs and other arts groups that offer so much to our community. Congratulations to Caroline on this initiative.

Rehearsal Reminder for this Tuesday

Looking forward to seeing you on 20th February 6.45pm for a 7pm start.

Just a gentle reminder to check the fees under Fees tab and to decide on your payments for 2024- whether they are per rehearsal, term or year.

There are now lots of music and audio files for current members under the Repertoire tab to download, print and practice their parts. If you do not have access please see Andrew at rehearsals.

VOCE – the group of volunteers who keep our choir running smoothly will regularly meet this year after choir rehearsals on the third week of the month. All are welcome to stay and attend. Note – minutes are now available under the new tab if you wish to read.

see you soon for some singing!

Message from Caroline…. gee I hope I did this right?

If you could have a copy of Cantate Hodie so we can start looking at it this week, if not, we will definitely have a look the following rehearsal.

See you Tuesday!

Choirbolical VOCE Meeting 16th March 2024

St Stephens booked for 19th May social get together and sing a long at 2pm – 5pm. Will need some helpers there earlier to help set up urn etc.

Marion to send out info and ask members to bring a plate for afternoon tea.

Keyboard is now ready and Andrew will pick it up. Evidently there was nothing major wrong with it. If the fault occurs again, it should be taken straight in. It was decided that a case/cover would be beneficial. Marion will look at this when she picks up keyboard. She will also purchase a new Music stand.

Chilly Sing flyer needs to go on website & Facebook and information about payments and selecting and paying for a meal at the RSL.  Much easier for venue if we order meals and pay beforehand.

Marion showed us a couple of drafts for new Logo. Everyone was supportive of the draft – a few more minor changes to it. Lee to pass on names and Marion will produce new name tags.

VOCE Minutes 23/1/2024

Attendees:  Eileen Munro, Marion Elvery, Paul Williamson, Wendy Geue, Caroline Ryan, Lee Williams

Apologies:  Sue Price, Michael Scott, Alison Beattie

Workshop:

Music: *Quote from Snap Print – 50 pages for 4 songs, reduce pages by including All the Pretty Horses, Riversong, Coffee Song and lyrics of Homeward Bound.      Lee      Morning Tea: *reminder to members to bring food to share   Marion *Eileen to set up, organise milks and ask Helen Pope to assist.

Registration:  *$25 includes music and morning tea, same as 2023

* direct payment to bank account preferred – details on choirbolical.com

* cash float?

* Sue and Wendy to sign in.   Record Name, Email, Phone, check list of early payers (Rob will supply).                                    Wendy to prepare sign on sheet

* Give Bank Account details to those who haven’t yet paid.       Lee to prepare

* only accept cash if exact amount.   No change.

Other Business:

Term Fees:     * no increase on 2023, details on choirbolical.com.

                         * continue with “music fee” – covers copyright.

School Holiday Bookings: * cancel school holiday dates already in De Molay calendar. Lee

Treasurer:       * with great regret we accept the resignation of Elspeth from the role of  treasurer.   Moved Eileen, Seconded Wendy.  *  Lee Williams nominated.  Moved Paul Williamson, Seconded Marion Elvery *  Lee to contact Bendigo Bank and arrange change of signatures as required with Elspeth & Rob

Logo:               *current logo withdrawn, although existing name tags, flags etc may continue to be used  * open invitation to the Choir to offer artwork, at rehearsal 6/2/24 * Thank you card for Judy Brewer for artwork.                                   Eileen

Facebook:      * change of manager to Wendy – problem with deleting and adding * Marion to contact Chris Meibusch to organise                Marion & Chris * Wendy will manage when user access is sorted.

Website:        * Marion to continue to manage

VOCE Meetings: will occur on the third Tuesday of each month, after the regular rehearsal.

Rehearsal reminder for Tuesday 6th February

Yes that’s right folks – this Tuesday we start our regular rehearsals! 6.45pm for 7pm start. We had an absolutely fabulous Workshop on Saturday with Caroline and Deborah and a great roll up. If you didn’t make it and are joining us on Tuesday – please find music available for you to print under the Repertoire tab. (If you are new and joining up this year and do not yet have access to the members only repertoire page – please see Andrew at rehearsals)

We worked hard, had some laughs and made some beautiful music – thankyou Caroline!

A choir in a community hall with a conductor and an accompanist.