Please note we will register Choirbolical numbers after the rehearsal on the 15th October. Choirbolical members are also welcome to decide to come on the day. See flyer for payment details- pay at the door or in advance.
The next rehearsal is Tuesday 15th Oct – 6.45pm for a 7pm start.
Please note our next performance is the BIG SING in Brisbane on Sunday 27th October. This is a full day workshop and Choirbolical will perform at the concert to follow. We need to forward our expected numbers of people attending ASAP. Please see flyer for more info and related sheets at this week’s rehearsal. If you are unable to attend this rehearsal but intend coming to the BiG SING please rely to this post or contact us.
Don’t forget raffle tickets for our Concert night will be available at rehearsals to sell to family and friends ahead of time.
It is the first Tuesday of the month October the first and we have our usual choir rehearsal 6.45pm for 7.00pm start with Astrid.
Our next gig is Big Sing at St Aidan’s in Bris – Sunday October 27th. More details to follow. And don’t forget our own charity concert coming up on Tuesday November 5th.
Check out the new song Astrid introduced last rehearsal – google lyrics and YouTube for Yil Lull.
Apologies if you are receiving this notice as an email late. Our lovely Lesley has left to live in Brisbane and I forgot to post early (the mailchimp needs 24hrs notice).
Don’t forget it’s this Friday 7.15pm (for a quick practice upstairs with Astrid) @ the Jazz club. Details in the previous post. Free entry for performers. We will be singing Halo, Last Rose of Summer, laBasta.
A 6pm extra rehearsal will be on at deMolay this coming Thursday 15/8. It will be a do-it-ourselves practice of parts using recordings of repertoire – good opportunity to do some learning of songs with others.
6-7pm separate parts learning and putting them together. If you have a portable speaker/phone website connection please bring. We need one each for SAB.
7pm – Afterwards join us next door at Parkhouse to have a drink & chat.
Hope you can make it! Don’t forget – next gig is Jazz club on Friday night 13th Sept.
Date Claimers and forward planning is detailed in the VOCE minutes below.
Put these Dates in your diary for the end of 2019:
August 15th (Thursday) – An extra do-it-ourselves 1hour rehearsal 7-8pm deMolay and Social cuppa next door at Parkhouse.
September 13th (Friday) JAZZ Club performance. 7.30pm
October 27th (Sunday) BIG SING – all day workshop and concert
October 29th (Tuesday) Early rehearsal 6.15pm followed by end of year social event
November 5th (Tuesday) Charity, Concert & Cake 7pm
December 8th (Sunday) Wonderland of Lights – 6pm end of year dinner at Park House, Performance 8pm in park.
MINUTES OF CHOIRBOLICAL VOCE
Park House Café
7 pm, Monday 22 July 2019
Apologies: Lesley Pollack, Eileen Munro, Susie Fredline.
Present: Marion, Rob, Stuart, Gail, Chris R. Pam
- Financial Report
- Tabled by Rob and approved
- Choir on track to be on or slightly ahead of budget
- Payments made by the Treasurer for Matt Collin’s services at Tenterfield and Cancer Council May Concert approved
- Cancer Council
- Receipts from Pam Wilson provided to the Treasurer ($1000 + $832)
- Pam & Natalie attended thank you morning tea by Cancer Council and received certificate of appreciation on behalf of the Choir.
- Rehearsals and Performances July to Dec–
- Astrid and Matt’s schedule until the end of December noted.
- Extra Rehearsal Thursday Aug 15 (in preparation for Jazz Club performance)
- Extra non-formal rehearsal at De Molay House at 7 pm (confirmed with Edward)
- 1 hour rehearsal
- Social gathering after at the Park House (Pay for your own food and drinks)
- Stuart to approach Chris Meibusch regarding screening of Tenterfield Choirbolical performance.
- Jazz Club performance on 13 Sept
- Arrive at Jazz club at 7:30 pm
- Performance at ~9:00 pm
- Arrangement details from Rob
- Rob to book tables at Jazz Club for Choir
- Ya Basta
- The Last Rose of Summer
- Astrid to conduct and possibly Matt can attend.
- Big Sing 27 Oct in Brisbane
- Repertoire to be finalised prior to date
- Rehearsal and Social Event 29 Oct (Last for Astrid and Matt)
- Rehearsal to start at 6:15 pm
- 7:45 – 8:30 pm end of year social gathering at Park House
- Cost and method of payment to be determined once numbers and catering decided
- End of year formalities (To be discussed at next Voce)
- Concert and Cake Tuesday 5 Nov
- De Molay House
- Set up planning team to oversee event. A sub-committee to be organised
- Pam to liaise with TDDSSG
- Items for program
- Raffle prizes – contributions from members and businesses invited
- Repertoire – same as Big Sing
- Wonderland of Lights Sun 8 Dec
- Park House booked for 6 pm for social gathering and meal
(pay your own food and drinks)
- Performance at 8 pm
- Neither Astrid nor Matt available for 2 rehearsals before. Clare is available for rehearsals and performance.
- Payments to be discussed and finalised at next Voce.
- Park House booked for 6 pm for social gathering and meal
- Forward Planning for 2020
- Arrangements with Astrid and Matt discussed.
- World Symposium of Choral Music in Auckland (11 – 18 July)
- Potential for Choir to attend as a group to perform in fringe events
- Pam and Gail to provide information to Choir at rehearsal to gauge interest
- The concept of 2 Weekend Workshops led by Astrid in 2020 was discussed.
- Proposal to hold at Camp Stacey/Stacey’s at the Gap
- Potential of attending Tenterfield workshop again in July was discussed.
- Subject to potential attendance at World Symposium of Choral Music
- Big Sing (Oct)
- Concert and Cake for the hospice in May was agreed in principle
- Ensure Choirbolical shares proceeds to support costs and small surplus
- Spring Sing revisited
- No final decision but may not happen if other events offer potential for musical enrichment and some financial support for Choir
- Carnival Choir registrations
- To be mentioned at next rehearsal. Not a formal Choir event.
- Next VOCE meeting
- Park House Sept 19 at 7 pm
A reminder that our next rehearsal is this coming Tuesday 18th June 6.45 for a 7pm start. See you there for a great night of singing.
Please respond by email to Kent if you are planning to go to Tenterfield. See message following from Kent:
We have a 20-seater bus (free) to take us to the Tenterfield “Big Chilly Sing” on Sunday 7 July, departing Toowoomba 7 am (venue to be advised, but there will be parking to leave your car) and returning 5 pm. Chris Meibusch has kindly offered to be the driver (he is a very experienced bus driver – many football trips). The workshop – conducted by James Cuskelly and Fay White (a great teacher and composer of songs for community choirs) – starts at 9.30 and then there is a lunch provided and a concert at 2 pm.
Can you please confirm with Kent Smith by email – [email protected] – if you are intending to travel on the bus or whether you are going to make your own way there? Thanks very much”
Choirbolical folk have been invited to participate in the workshop or come along to the concert of Rutter’s ‘Gloria’ see details on the attached flyer.