Archived Voce minutes from 2014
VOCE MeetingÂ -Â Tues 8 April, 2014
Present: Loretto, Dinah, Kent, Jane, Rebecca, Judy W., Pam, Astrid (on Skype)
Apologies: Catherine, Marion
1. Performance in the first half of the year:
Options discussed : Flash Mob at Rep Theatre
Jazz Club gig (performing with another local person)
Song at Dan Wilson’s 40th birthday Art Show
Choir festival in Tasmania
Our own concert/musical night
Decision: Dan’s 40th Art Show on Sat 14 June at 2.30pm
Wilsonton Art Gallery (WilsontonÂ Shopping Centre)
Choir Party at Loretto’s place
Bring own food and drink
Performance options for consideration for next year:
Walk for Refugees on Palm Sunday
Disability Awareness Week
RSL Retirement Village Concert!
2. Spring Sing: Saturday 6 September
Venue: Pam to investigate Fairholme, Grammar, Downlands, Glennie asnumber of participants could be high. (Kent to confirm numbers )
Leaders: James Cuskelly and Astrid
Choirs:Choirbolical, Kodaly, T’ba Vocal Ensemble, Women in Harmony,
Viva la Musica (Warwick), Pittsworth Choir (Jane to invite),
Awakening Voices of Harmony -Indigenous choir in WarwickÂ (Kent/Pam to follow up)
Catering:Choirbolical members to bring a sweet and savoury plate
Cost:$20 waged; $10 unwaged
Program: 9.00 – Registration
9.30 – Workshop
11.00 – Morning tea
11.30 – Workshop
1.00 – Lunch
Break/ rehearsal for concert
3.00 – Concert
3. While Astrid’s Away
-Â 23 June – 29 July
– Astrid to investigate the possibility of a replacement conductor
-Recordings of all pieces will be on the website
– July 1 and 15 could be used for parts practice at De Molay or at people’s homes.
– In preparation for the Big Sing, an extra practice may be called in August (5th, 29th, 26th)
4.Â Possible rehearsals in school holiday time
Historically Choirbolical has operated on the school term basis.Â Kent raised for discussion the possibility of meeting during school holidays if these occurred over our usual rehearsal times of the first and third Tuesdays of the month.Â Astrid is open to the possibility.Â Some of the issues to consider would be the increase in fees necessary to cover what would be 2 or 3 extra rehearsals in the year.Â Further discussion to follow.
Pam Wilson minute taker
VOCE Meeting â€“ 10.6.14
Present:Â Marion, Pam, Loretto, Dinah, Rebecca, Kent, Jane, Judy W
Apologies:Â Catherine, Judy B, Noel
- Spring Sing:
- Glennie Concert Hall has been booked as a venue.Â Â Need a large venue because over 100 choristers confirmed to attend.
- Choirs/number attending:
- Choirbolical â€“ 20-25
- Pittsworth Choir â€“ 20
- Viva La Musica (Warwick) â€“ 20
- T/ba Vocal Ensemble â€“ 12
- WomenÂ In Harmony â€“ 20
- Qld Kodaly ChoirÂ â€“ 50
- Publicity â€“ work up flyer from last year.
Action:Â Ask Judy B to update last yearâ€™s flyer with new information (directions via Vacy St, where people can park) and include Concert information
Action:Â Kent to send flyer to participating choirs, requesting that they give information about vegetarian/gluten free attendees for catering puposes.
- Registration Table â€“ Dinah, Judy, Chris and Marion
- Registration â€“ 9 am
- Workshop start â€“ 9.30 am
- Morning Tea â€“ 11.00 â€“ 11.45 am
- Workshop â€“ 11.45
- Lunch 1.15
- Concert â€“ 2.30 pm
- Allocated $750 for sandwiches/wraps for 150 participants.
- Choirs asked to send names of people who are gluten free/vegetarian
Action:Â Jane to order sandwiches and also coordinate coffee/milk/tea/cups etc
- Languages & Cultures Festival â€“ suggestion that Choirbolical could be one of the â€œrovingâ€ choirs.Â Â Date is Sunday 10 August â€“ Astrid is available.
Action: Marion will send in expression of interest to organisers and if accepted, we will go ahead. Â
- Astridâ€™s 3-session absence in July:Â we will self-manage the rehearsals â€“ practice in parts (each part to bring recording of their songs to practice with) and then spend some of the night coming together with all parts, etc.
- Meal allowance for Astrid. Â Agreed to cover this.
Action:Â Catherine to include in payment