VOCE MEETING â€“ 21.1.15
Present:Â Marion, Judy, Kent, Loretto, Judy B
- Â Keyboard purchased â€“ thanks Rob & Astrid.
- Workshop with Astrid for new members and to get stuck into new repertoire:Â 1 March proposed date (changed from 15 February), dependent on availability of hall
Action:Â Andrew to check availability of hall
- Spring Sing:Â James Cuskelly has confirmed availability for Saturday 6 September.Â He and Astrid will co-facilitate the workshop.Â Queensland Kodaly Choir will attend and perform in the concert. Â This gives us time to invite other choirs so that they can put it in their yearly program.Â Toowoomba Vocal Ensemble to be invited.
Action:Â Kent will email Elaine Coates to invite her choirs to participate.Â Request a response by end February to facilitate planning. Â Judy B will contact Warwick people. Â Loretto to contact Pam re her Warwick contacts.Â Kent will contact Penny Davies/Stanthorpe.
- Introductions to new members;Â flyers for new members with information about fees, rehearsals, performances etc.
- Marion to prepare an information flyer which can be given either in hard copy or emailed to new members
- Noel & Loretto to share responsibility for welcoming new members when they appear
Action:Â Rob to go over the current arrangements on the first night.
- Nibbles:Â Â First and last rehearsals for each term.
- Performance in 1st half of the year at a Toowoomba community event.
Action:Â Loretto to send an email out soliciting ideas from Choir members to be considered by VOCE
- Social events;Â aim is to have one social event for each term. Â Term 1 -Â Workshop; Term 2 â€“
Marion & Andrew will invite choir to a joint meal at their place to bring instruments, songs, selves
- Music.Â Astrid is organising pieces to start the year with
VOCE Meeting â€“ 31.3.15
Present:Â Chris R, Dinah, Pam W, Loretto, Marion, Kent
Apologies:Â Judy W
- Spring Sing: Agreement to hire USQ Arts Theatre for $420 for the whole day.Â Comes with piano (choice of 2 grand pianos), use of facility for the entire day.Â Need to provide the following:
- Event-specific risk and safety plan (Action:Â Marion to provide Pam with template used in school)
- Confirmation of technical requirements (eg. lighting)
- Completed and signed site licence (Action:Â Pam and sub-committee to finalise)
- Full payment in advance but 60 day cancellation policy (Action:Â Pam and sub-committee to advise Catherine of payment details)
- Need to provide insurance details of PL coverage of $10,000,000 (Action:Â Catherine to provide copy of insurance coverage to Pam and sub-committee)
Action: Next Tuesday to meet at USQ Arts Theatre at 4.00 pm to check out the venue.Â Anybody welcome to come.
Much thanks and appreciation to sub-committee for work done so far.
- Pop-up Performances â€“ Saturday 6 June, 10 am â€“ 12 noon
Action:Â To meet at Groundup at 9 am next Tuesday and check out venues.Â Â Suggestions are Cobb & Co, Groundup, Village Green, in front of street art installations.
- Festival of Voices: Â John Hughes will be the secretariat for Hobart.Â We will establish an email group next week to help with payment details.
MINUTES OF VOCE MEETING â€“ 28.7.15
Present:Â Loretto, Dinah, Rebecca, Kent, Noel, Judy B, Astrid, Marion, Ritamay
Apologies: Â Pam, Chris R
- VOCE Structure â€“ review and how to communicate to choir members
To hold over to next meeting
- How to manage information to choir in rehearsalÂ
Action:Â One member of VOCE to give very quick update on business issues;Â this will be limited to 5 minutes maximum in order not to take up too much singing time
- Rebecca and emails
Rebecca will send emails that are about choir business only.Â Members to make their own decisions what they wish to send independently and privately to choir members
- Spring Sing update
Agreement on fees to presenters as per proposal by Pam
- Follow-up on feesÂ and reminders
A number of choir members have not yet paid their fees.Â A gentle/firm reminder will be made at rehearsals to check with Catherine if you are not sure whether you have paid
Action:Â Email will go out explaining fee structure to all members
- Payment for Astrid for Tasmania
Proposal is to offer Astrid a contribution towards her time as choir director for performances in Hobart based on the number of performances.
Action:Â Kent will communicate this offer to Astrid
- Astridâ€™s proposal to offer low fee places in choir
Action:Â Announcement to choir inÂ email to go out from Loretto that inability to make payment should not be an obstacle to attending choir. Â Loretto and Rebecca to be the people to contact for negotiation of fees
- Invitation to sing at Margaret St Markets 6th or 20th September
Proposal for 20th September,Â performances 10 am and 11 am.
Action:Â Loretto will email Chrissy to confirm
- Performance at Westhaven RSL Home
Suggested that this could be a performance in November for us to sing all of this yearâ€™s repertoire (Hobart, Spring Sing, Big Sing songs), and then to have a meal together afterwards.
Action:Â Pam to check possible dates/times with Westhaven in second half of November, and to check Astridâ€™s availability
- Astridâ€™s Absence;
Astrid will be in Texas 18th August. Â Possibility of 11th â€“ Marion will check hall availability
Spring Sing PlanningÂ -Â from meeting 19.7.15
|1. Flyer||flyer+ accompanying email,Â RSVP date, payment request, list of names,Â special dietary needs, sent to interested choirs this week. (Including Cheep Trill and The Harmony Choir)||Pam|
|2. RSVP||set for 21 August|
|3.Payment Preference:||1. Choirbolical Bendigo AccountBSB: 633000
Acc No: 1205 40877
2. Cheque to Catherine
3. Pay on the day
|4. Name Tags:||-Request for list of names from each choir by RSVP date to Pam- Judy will prepare individual tags + blank spares
-Noel toÂ arrange printing and cutting at TAFE
-Rebecca will check bulk purchase of plastic holders
– set up on table at entrance
– signatures in attendance book/sheet (name adn choir)
|Judy, Noel, Rebecca|
|5.Registration||2 tables set up if pre-payments are minimalChange
|Dinah, Chris, Helen +|
|6. Catering:||– BBQ suggestion from Chris. Greg offered to provide one BBQ and cook- Noel will check feasibility with Mark M. then we decide on best option
-Catherine has info from W’worths
-Maurice F has prices from Spar IGA
– Order platters, sausages etc
– Collect food
– arrange payment
|7. Kitchen Duties||Setting up, tables etcCleaning up
Table cloths (Mark has offered)
|Catherine (supplies)Rebecca to
|8. Flowers, greenery||For tablesPots for stage||Helen W|
|9. Venue Issues||1.Risk Assessment2. Feasibility of recording concert+ cost
3.Tech and Staff requirements,
4. Site licence
5. Payment and evidence of public liability
|Catherine + MarionNoel to ask Mark M
|10. Direction Signs||For outside buildingCheck current A3 signs position||Catherine|
|11.Â Coffee vanTwo Moos||Before workshopMorning tea||Dinah , Kent?(Liaise with Michael)|
|12. Gifts for presenters||Wine/ flowers ??||Loretto|
|13. Info to Choirbolical members||Flyer + payment+ morning tea+ volunteers||Rebecca|
|14. M.C.||Welcome to choirs, housekeeping, details of program, time keeping, thanks||Noel|