Minutes of CHOIRBOLICAL VOCE meeting 17/1/12Â Â
Present: Judy, Noel, Margaret, Kent, Catherine, Rob, Loretto, MarionÂ (Thankyou Judy for hosting)
1. Finances – as per statements prepared by Catherine. Note – 10th Anniversary function cost neutral and 2011 overall fees covered expenditure without a fundraising event. Balance remains positive.
2. Fees – to be maintained as per 2011.Â $200 up front fee includes music OR $50 per term. Direct deposits are encouraged.Â New members are welcome to have 2 nights with no fees. Catherine – Treasurer / Rob – spokesperson for reminders.
3. Membership – new members are welcome and information needs to be available to hand out.
4. Communication –
a. Leaflet with background about Choirbolical, membership details, rehearsals, events to be prepared for new members and to promote.Â Marion to prepare info and ask Judy B to create.
b. Flyer to put up in public spaces with information. â€œ
c. Email – continue membership email. Will trial having email with hidden addresses and add a section at the bottom of emails – Apologies and queries can be directed to Margaret firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ Â Rob to look at creating a template for emails. Loretto & Kent to maintain email list.
d. Website – website great for having parts.Â Marion & Margaret to update as required.
5. Repertoire – Margaret presented possible new repertoire. Discussion included requests that repertoire is across a range of genres. Limit the number of new pieces with parts we are working on so they are learnt well. Include some pieces that are partly familiar – e.g. medley of Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Cold Play. Consider lyrics when choosing pieces. Continue short canon type pieces, e.g. Faye White songs. Start encouraging learning of new pieces without music at rehearsals. Music and parts on the website available to practice at home.
6. Possible Events – include Drumming Workshop Term 1 (Margaret to organise)/ Anzac Day service/ Spring Sing 15th Sept? / Big Sing Brisbane 28th Oct? / Christmas carols / Meet with other community choirs.
7. Social Events – Kent, Loretto & Judy to encourage some regular social events during the year e.g. beginnning of the year get together at Lorettoâ€™s home / picnic in the park Term 2? Re-establish munchies night – see nights below*
8. Rehearsal dates:Â Men(M) Ladies (L) practices to trial as an early startÂ 7pm on rehearsal nights.
|TERM 1 – Jan 31*Â Â Feb 13Â (M)Â Feb 27* (L)Â Â Mar 12Â (M)Â MarÂ 26* (L)|