While it is a 5th Tuesday this week, Choir rehearsals will not go ahead. Keep your fingers crossed that we can start a new term with new repertoire the following week on July 6th. Check in again next week. 🙂
Dear (once) Choirbolical Chilly Singers,
It is with some sadness to hear from James that he has had to cancel the Chilly Sing. Such a disappointment. The decision based on participants & workshop presenters unable to attend in NSW and growing concerns. James anticipates the event will be rescheduled… Great news! I am happy to refund Registration and Coach fees now or in the future if you request, otherwise I will keep these as a credit for his future rescheduled (not so Chilly) Workshop. I have a list of all your payments from the Bendigo Bank Statement.
Thank you for your patience and we can now look forward to our Spring Sing at Highfields Primary School on Saturday 9 October &, the Jazz Club, likely for Friday evening,19 November. Please pencil these dates in your diary!
Here is Rob’s email in case you missed it.
Dear Choir Travellers,
Seems that it’s a day to day feast of COVID restrictions, lockdowns & opinions.
At this stage we have confirmed attendance for 20 of us, some 16 folk on the 6am Coach & others travelling independently to Tenterfield.So what do you need to do:
- After 6pm tomorrow (72 hours is required before travelling from NSW to Qld) complete a https://www.qld.gov.au/queensland-travel-declaration (pl click this link).
- If you haven’t done one before , it’s very straightforward, takes a few minutes and its sent to you by email. You can present this on your phone entering Qld or print a copy and bring this with you.
- You don’t have to complete a Declaration to enter this area of NSW!!
- Let me know if you have any dietary requirement by Friday so I can advise Haley at Chilly Sing
- If you haven’t already done so, pl transfer your $30 Registration and a further $40 if you are on the Coach. I will be sending Choirbolical names for Registration on Friday and paying as a group on Sunday.
I will advise you immediately if there are any developments that affect us. Kind Regards, Rob
It is promising to be a very chilly sing so rug up well for our pop up sing in the park Saturday 19th 10.15am. Botanical gardens in a sheltered spot somewhere in from the cannon.
This Tuesday is our choir rehearsal 6.45pm for a 7pm start. Repertoire we are polishing for Tenterfield Winter Sing on the 27th includes Sweet Baby James, Bonse Aba, and the sea shanty The Wellerman.
Hints for singing without the music – try writing out the words or putting the music down while doing a little practice this week??? Try singing to recordings on the net. Here is a link to sing along to Sweet Baby James. https://youtu.be/Y3Q_DZLZbM4
And another for Bonse Aba. https://youtu.be/US_oTqmiEVM
Don’t forget to make your payments for Tenterfield if you are going. AND next Saturday at 10.15am there is a plan to have a pop up sing through our performance songs in the Botanical Gardens off Lindsay Street.
All welcome to the rehearsal this Tuesday and the pop up sing whether you are going to Tenterfield or not! See you there.
Thanks to the 22 folk so far who have put their hand up for the Winter Chilly Sing in Tenterfield, 27June. We intend to pre-book as a group the entry fee of $30 inc. GST (fee includes music booklet, morning tea, lunch and tea & coffee). Also, reserve your seat on the luxury 33 seat coach leaving Demolay House at 6am, returning approx 7pm by including an additional $40!
Please EFT, just reference, “(your name) Chilly” to: Choirbolical BSB 633000 Acc 120540877
Warm regards, Rob Sandison
Ps. of course $ will be credited if COVID travel restrictions apply.
Spring Sing Workshop. Working Group 1/6/21
Purpose of Spring Sing: to promote community singing, community choirs in Toowoomba and surrounding areas
Attendance: Linda, Rob, Elspeth, Alison, Judy, Chris R., Lee. The committee would love a couple more volunteers.
Details: Saturday 9th October 2021.
Workshop 8.30 – 4pm; Venue access 7.45 – 5pm.
60 – 90 participants, depending on venue Format: block for each conductor, concert in afternoon – performances by visiting groups, massed choir.
Conductors: Graeme Morton and Morgan Chalmers
Linda meeting Graeme in Brisbane on 17/6. Seek written confirmation for 9th October
Insurance: Covered for everything except covid related issues. (Rob)
Budget: As suggested by Rob in email 1/6/21, depending on confirmation of costs. ie: 1 or 2 directors; venue hire
Covid: Venues will have existing plan to be followed, including numbers allowable. Issues with provision of food – pre-packaged? suppliers? venue facilities? Coffee Guy willing to attend (Rob)
Venue: Elspeth and Alison to explore options. Considerations: audiovisual facilities, numbers, piano, catering (onsite, external), parking USQ – space for social distancing, catering, Choral Society Hall / Philharmonic Hall (?) – space, indoor and outdoor space. Schools – covid restrictions problematic for venue. Millennium Centre (TAS) – suitable venue to hire for purpose. Armitage Centre – Empire Theatre, possible Regional Arts grant? Church: Alison to check with her Church
Music – chosen by conductors, variety, 2-3 choices each before publicity, printed or AV or digital copies? Copyright issues?
Food – bring own or supply? coffee/ tea ?
Covid plan – venue and amend Choirbolical plan (Lee)
Publicity – print (Judy?), media and social media (Linda?) expression of interest/registration to local choirs (Rob has list), schools (staggered approach), USQ students