Just a reminder there is a rehearsal tomorrow, 20th Feb.
We have a venue for a Spring Sing here in Toowoomba at the USQ theatre. Anyone interested in stepping forward to form a committee to run through Pam Wilson’s list of things to do – which has been tested and proven!! There will be time after the rehearsal to find out what is involved. Many hands make light work – and a lovely way to get to know people better.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Warm regards, Lesley
- All welcome to attend a VOCE meeting at Pam’s to confirm events for this year. 6pm tomorrow
Minutes of meeting held 13/2/18
Present: Pam, Lesley, Gail, Stewart, Catherine, Chris R, Marion. Apology: Kent
- Banner: Confirmed purchase of free-standing Choirbolical banner. (Stewart)
- Jazz night Friday May 11 – confirmed with Astrid. Up to 5 songs, free admission to singers and $15 for partners. 8.40pm to sing in the interval between brackets of a local jazz group. North Toowoomba Bowls club. (Marion)
- Saturday event – May 12 (Astrid unavailable)
- Wilsonton Gallery – Saturday June 16 – Dan’s Exhibition opening- details to come (Pam)
- Spring Sing – USQ available Sunday 16th + Astrid available A Spring Sing committee to form and start organising from now. (Pam to hand on info & find new co-ordinator)
- Recording Parts. Astrid unable to provide parts but choristers are welcome to record on phones for their own use. We felt we may need to announce recording times to minimize background noise (chatting!)
- Badges – people encouraged to wear
- Announcements – A big thank you to Astrid for a wonderful start of the year Workshop. FEES reminder. Dates for Diaries (Kent) (Chris – gift)
- Financial report – healthy bank balance. Budget for on-going costs including accompanist (Melinda), hall hire, musical director (Astrid), insurance. Could consider spending money: suggestions include portable PA system, Drums, and subsidised drumming workshop, (Lesley to look into another workshop date)
- Thank you Pam for hosting meeting.
Sorry if you have already received the music in an email, but for those who did not, I will post it here and will leave this post for around 48 hours.
Young – Thule mama
WWY – Full Score
Don’t forget Singing Workshop this Saturday with Astrid and some fabulous music. ALL interested singing folk WELCOME
De Molay House Margaret Street 10th February
8.30am for a 9.00am start.
10.45am Break (Bring a plate to share)
Approx 1.00pm finish
All welcome to share lunch at Chrissy’s home at Highfields after – get directions on the day. BYO food.
COST: $20 waged/ $10 unwaged.
Payments can be made in cash on the day or Direct Debit to Choirbolical account. Find banking details ( and choir fees hint-hint) under the Fees tab.
Hope to see you there.
I forgot to mention that I put up a new song in “Repertoire” last night. An arrangement of “The Parting Glass”. See if you can print a copy for tonight!
Hope this gets to Alison Phillips.
Have you invited any friends to our singing workshop this Saturday 10th Feb 8:30 to 1:30 at De Molay House?
Ready to sing tomorrow? the first Tuesday of the month. Ready for 7pm at De Molay House.
If anyone needs a copy of the music I have printed an extra copy.