- reminder rehearsal 18th Sep 6:45 for 7pm start at De Molay House
thank you to everyone who made the Spring Sing such a fabulous day
Please prepay for the Spring SIng as per other posts with BSB and Account Numbers and put your name and SS2018 in the reference.
See the setup crew at USQ tomorrow.
Workshops start at 9am.
On the post titles Rehearsal 4th Sep, I have updated the BSB on the bank details and the link now works for the map for Artworx USQ.
SPRING SING – Sunday 16 September 2018
Allocation of jobs
|USQ Liaison Person||Eileen|
|Cash Float and bringing coin donation box||Catherine|
|Set-up on Saturday 15 September, 10.30 am -1.30 pm||Lesley, Gail, Stuart, Natalie, Helen, Ann Maree and Pam|
|Purchasing and bringing cups, coffee, tea, sugar, serviettes and stirrers||Catherine|
|Purchasing and bringing milk, paper plates and forks||Gail|
|Floater/contact person on the day||Gail – 0427 920 559|
|Bringing choir A-frame, banner and signs||Stuart|
|Picking up printed music from James Cuskelly (prior to the day)||Stuart|
|Signs to be put up early – 7.30-8.00 a.m.||Stuart and Gail|
|Monitoring of coffee and tea tables to ensure supplies of coffee, tea, milk and sugar – there will be two stations. Urns will need to be filled and ready to go by 8.30 am, 11.15 am and 1.30 pm (need to leave singing rehearsal 15 minutes before)
(WILL NEED TO BE SET UP BY 8.30 am)
|Catherine (Queen of Coffee/Tea)
|Registration Tables – 4 tables x 2 people each.
Registration sheets (prepared by Lesley) and containers for cash on each table.
Music for workshop to be issued at registration.
(ALL WILL NEED TO BE AT THE VENUE BY 8.30 am)
|Stuart (Contact for Registrations)
Chris R, Dino, Ann Maree, Lesley, Pam, Judy B, Michael/Noel (depending on availability)
|Slide Show||Ann Maree and Judy B.|
|Catering – kitchen crew will separate foods suitable for morning tea, ensuring enough is left for lunch, particularly savoury. Will need to leave singing rehearsal 15 minutes prior to morning tea and lunch.||Rebecca and Susie (Kitchen Queen & Princess)
Anna G, Antje, Joe, Stella, Judy B.
(PLEASE BRING LOTS OF TEA TOWELS)
|BBQ||Chris R. and Greg, Ken, Rod|
|Coffee Van (Michael from Two Moos)||Gail|
|Decorations/flowers||Natalie and Helen|
|Welcome Ushers at the Artsworx entrance (showing people where to register, tea/coffee, theatre, toilets etc)||Eileen
Pam (back up)
|Backstage Usher (for people in wheelchairs, choirs needing to change etc)||Pam|
|Welcome Ushers at theatre door – to explain seating according to singing parts as well as watching safety on stairs||Bernie
|Concert coin collector||Lesley, Cathy M.|
|MC x 2 (workshop and concert)||Kent + Loretto|
|Clean up at end of day||EVERYONE|
Spring Sing Announcements for Rehearsal – Tues 4 Sept.
(Last rehearsal before the S.S.)
We are expecting around 180 people on 16th.
If you are coming to S.S. please
– sign the attendance sheet
– list what savoury and sweet dishes you’ll bring
– check what job/jobs you have been allocated
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE –
– pay $30 waged or $20 unwaged to
BSB: 633000 Account: 120540877 with Reference SS2018
– check your directions to the Arts Theatre (Rough map on website)
Wear a bright top and black bottoms and your name tag.
FOOD and FLOWERS
– label food if gluten free/vegetatian ( name on container)
– bring servers with salads
– take food straight to the kitchen on southern side of building
near the ramp to Rebecca , Susie, Anna, Jo, Antje, Stella.
– give flowers and vases to Nat and Helen to arrange and place
– arrive by 7.30am for some jobs but no later than 8.30.
– be sure about aspects of jobs you have been asked to do.
– everyone to welcome visiting choir members
– everyone to help clean up at the end of the day.
S S Final Planning Meeting:
Thursday 6 September, 15 Argyle St. 5.30pm
Set Up at Arts Theatre:
Saturday 15 September, 10.00am
Google Map Artworx USQ
SPRING SING: COUNTDOWN
Over the years Choirbolical has garnered a reputation for hosting a happy and colourful event filled with wonderful music and song, great camaraderie and delicious food. For the past few months a small number of our members, a Spring Sing Planning Committee, has been working behind the scenes towards achieving that goal once again.
That committee now needs the support of all Choirbolical members to help with the final touches. Where we need your assistance:
- An indication of your attendance on 16 September – this helps with our budget planning as well as knowing how many people are available to assist with the numerous jobs that will need to be done on the day.
- Fees for Choirbolical members are $30 (waged) and $20 (unwaged) – these can be paid ahead of time to the choir’s account, using the reference “SS18 and your name”.
- An indication of what food you will be bringing on the day – a sweet and a savoury would be very gratefully received. We will be catering for both morning tea and lunch for 180-200 people.
- We will be decorating the stage area and the food tables with fresh flowers so anything you’re able to contribute from your own gardens, again, would be very gratefully received.
- We are able to access the venue from 7.30 am on the day, giving us time to put up signs, decorate, set up tables etc.
- It’s worth noting the dress code for this event – black bottoms (skirts/trousers) and bright, colourful tops (patterned/block colours), together with choir name badges.
- We only have one more rehearsal night before Spring Sing – flyers to distribute among family and friends, lists for attendance, food contributions and job volunteers will be available again on that night (4 September).
Working together we Choirbolical’s can all enjoy the satisfaction of having created another memorable event filled with song and friendship.
Please contact GAIL on 0427 920 559 or [email protected] if you have any questions.
Tomorrow we have a choir rehearsal 6:45 for a 7pm start at De Molay House. If anyone would like to meet at Park House before to socialise. I will be there from about 5:30 give or take 5 mins. Remember we need to be learning The Parting Glass from the parts that Matt preparted which are in Repertorie. Listen to the Wailing Jennys to hear how Astrid would like it. You need to click on the Login to access the practice parts. Pleasae send me a text if you can’t login and I can reset your password.
Sat meet 3:30pm at Mary Mackillop School, 75 Highfields Rd, Highfields, Q, 4352. Heading straight in the drive is a big barn like building this is where we will be singing. We start singing from 4pm and finishing about 5pm. Two songs upbeat ones …. Thule Mama Ya and Red Hot
Here is the map….
Look forward to seeing you there, Lesley