About Rebecca Buchanan

Singing with other revellers at the Anzac dawn service got me invited to join Choirbolical. I am originally from Seattle and I'm now a proud Aussie citizen. The high standard and quick humour of our director makes the hard work really rewarding. The choir is a welcoming, fun and committed group ready to take on the next song. Come sing with us!

Choirbolical Rehearsal reminder

A gentle reminder of our next rehearsal: Tuesday 15 August,  6:45 for a prompt 7:00 start.Demolay House 90 Margaret Street, opposite Queen’s Park.  ALSO,  choir folk who are available for the Languages and Cultures festival coming up on Sunday 20th Aug to stay after Choirbolica rehearsal, for a half hour extra rehearsal to run through the list of songs.

Cheers,  Rebecca

Choirbolical Rehearsal reminder

A gentle reminder of our next rehearsal: Tuesday 1 August,  6:45 for a prompt 7:00 start.

Demolay House 90 Margaret Street, opposite Queen’s Park.

Astrid has put two new pieces for printing onto the website in the repertoire section. Please print and bring both to our next rehearsal. If you have any trouble accessing the pieces mail Astrid direct: [email protected]

VOCE minutes have been posted on the website as well so please take a look at what is happening.

Look forward to seeing you Tuesday!

Cheers,

Rebecca

VOCE meeting 25 July

VOCE Meeting

Attending: Pam, Rebecca, Lesley, Gail, Stuart, Catherine, Marion. Apologies: Kent, Dino

AGENDA items

  1. Languages & Cultures Festival: 20th Aug – Astrid not available

ACTIONS show of hands @ rehearsal of singers willing to go / Rebecca to email Chrissie M and Susie F to see if they are willing to help conduct.

  1. November Events:
  2. Friday 10th Nov, Jazz @ Toowoomba North Bowls club
  3. Saturday 11th Nov, Joint Concert with Toowoomba Vocal Ensemble (Elaine Coates)

ACTIONS- a) Marion to add dates & details to website   b) Kent to contact Elaine to confirm with Elaine. Suggest Elaine and Astrid be in touch directly with each other and choose a piece of music to exchange. Next VOCE confirm proposal – venue (CUA or too small?)/ money raiser?/ charity concert? Etc.

  1. Christmas Wonderland: Suggestion that if we participate, our final rehearsal could be Tues 5th December and we offer to walk over and sing a bracket of songs at 8pm. Break-up?

ACTIONS- Check with Astrid if willing/ Marion remove 19th Dec rehearsal from web calendar.

  1. FOV-Festival of Voices wrap up: a) Payment for Astrid – ACTION – Catherine to follow-up with Astrid      b) Report and photos to go on the website. ACTION – Marion to compile report and ask Astrid about photos. c) Andrew to talk at next rehearsal. C) Thankyou to Anna Goldsmith for coordinating communication ACTION–  Pam to organize card/ Gail to get flowers for next rehearsal.
  2. Banner: Stuart to investigate cost of a flag banner with Snap Printing
  3. Amplifier & Risers: Stuart to discuss with Astrid possibility of using an amplifier (hire/borrow to trial). Catherine to check Owen’s Photography portable risers & Stuart other possibilities to give portable height to back row.
  4. Name Tags: Pam to get blanks from Judy and have available for new members from next rehearsal. Encourage everyone to wear?
  5. VOCE admin notebook: have a standard operational procedures login tab on website to access important info, e.g. insurance/ banking/ hall contact & keys/ equipment inc. piano/ webmaster & management/ artwork files/ other choirs contact list ACTIONS- Rebecca to start compiling list/ Marion to arrange new tab for 2018
  6. Emails on Website: who receives and replies to comments/ emails on website. Astrid??
  7. SING into SPRING @ Walton’s Store Stage September 9th – suggesting a later time 12.30 pm or 1pm ACTION: check with Astrid & Pam to check out the market at these times. Lesley to ask about requirements needed to put photos or advertise our performance on the screen.
  8. PHOTOS: a) CUA concert photos taken by Nev Madsen ACTIONS: Pam to get thankyou card/ Lesley to get bottle of wine/ Gail to give them to Nev with our thanks. Marion to ask Astrid about choosing files for the website. CUA have requested photos from this performance and from FOV to include in their newsletter? b) Just Us Choirbolical facebook created by Chris – some photos there can we choose and add some to website which is more accessible for all. Are there more photos out there? Astrid?
  9. New Repertoire; look forward to new music for performances for the rest of year.
  10. Theatre Restaurant – choirbolical table @ theatre restaurant in Ipswich with Clive and Alison? Clive and Alison to bring fliers.
  11. BIG SING: Astrid is not available –Communicate to choir/ show hands those that may attend/ want to sing without Astrid…

 

VOCE meeting at Pam Wilson’s house 15 Argyle Street  Tuesday 25 July 6:30.

 

Astrid is not going to make it to rehearsal tonight

As Astrid is not going to be able to attend tonight and as many of our members are still crook as well, please watch for a follow up email today before you come to rehearsal tonight.  Rehearsal may be cancelled.  I am awaiting feed back from others to make the decision. Astrid was going to introduce new repertoire and we really don’t have a lot to do. I want to suggest that anyone wanting to participate with VOCE at Park House tonight, that might be an alternative. More as know.

Cheers, Rebecca

Choirbolical performance reminder

Calling all Choirbolicals: We are performing Tues 27 June, 6:00 for 7:30 start: CUA Community Hub, (Credit Union Australia Community Space down from Walton’s Stores, front entrance facing Ruthven)   Please bring your family, friends and anyone you can get to attend as we love applause!

If you wish to have an opportunity to practice for the Tuesday performance, the Elvery’s are having a do it yourself practice at their home, Herbert and Kitchner Street at 4:00pm on Sunday 25 June. Thank you Andrew and Marion!

Cheers, Rebecca

Choirbolical Rehearsal

A gentle reminder of our next rehearsal: Tuesday 20 June,  6:45 for a prompt 7:00 start.

Demolay House 90 Margaret Street, opposite Queen’s Park.

And Tues 27 June, 6:45 for 7:00 start: CUA Community Hub, (Credit Union Australia Community Space down from Walton’s Stores, front entrance facing Ruthven)                   No food or drink to be provided. Encourage friends and family to be our audience for this magnificent event. We need an audience!  Gail’s brother, Nev Madsen, may come to take photos.

Cheers,

Rebecca

Choirbolical VOCE meeting

An invite to all who wish to assist with the smooth running of Choirbolical.  All are invited to participate!

Meeting Tuesday 13 June, 6:30pm at Pam Wilson’s house,15 Argyle Street Toowoomba.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Rebecca

VOCE Meeting  –  Tuesday 13 June 2017

Present:                  Catherine, Dino, Lesley, Marion, Gail, Pam

Apologies:             Rebecca, Chris R, Kent

  1. ‘Do It Yourself’ practices – Sunday 18 and Sunday25 , 3.30 – 5.00  at Elvery’s
  2. Tues 27 June: CUA Community Hub,  6.45 – 8.30 has been confirmed:  no food or drink to be provided. Encourage friends and family to be our audience for this magnificent event. Gail’s brother, Nev Madsen, may come to take photos.
  3. Camellia Show:   Sunday 16 July,  11.00 – 11.30  Greg Johnson’s response to today’s email – ‘sounds irresistable’ .   Wait for response from President,  Kevin Cottrell and c’tee member, Mike Wells. Marion has checked out the website and it looks quite formal and organised.  It may be too late to be included. Check it out .

http://www.toowoombacamelliashow.com/programevents/

4. Walton Store Stage: Lesley has had contact with organisers.   She will check out if it is available on Sunday 16 July  at 1pm  (after a performance at the Camellia Show in the morning)   Saturday 9 September at 11am (instead of Spring Sing). Astrid, how would these suit you?    We have to wait for confirmation of event at Camellia Show.

5. Chris Meibusch Project: Chris is talking to Astrid about our involvement in more recording. It has not been finalised. An email to Chris has explained that we don’t need to purchase any more recording equipment.

6. Hobart:  

a)Catherine has had confirmation that all money and names and contact details have been received  by the organisers.

b) We will take a calico version of our corflute sign to display when doing pop-ups. (Groupie job)

c) Judy will be asked to make ‘Groupie’ badges for accompanying spouses.

d) Our latest Hobart program is attached.

e)`On Friday, mid-morning, arrange a meeting place for all choir members to have last warm-up/practice before first pop-up.

  1. Languages and Cultures Festival – Sunday 20 August.

Submission accepted by organisers.  Requested singing sessions  10.30, 11.30, 12.30 at one position , eg near main entrance.

Other date claimers and discussion topics from previous VOCE meetings:

  1. 10th Nov Jazz Club
  2. 11th Nov Joint concert with Toowoomba Vocal Ensemble
  3. Review of music director’s payments for rehearsals and performances and increase for rehearsals recommended and accounting for performances including Hobart FOV to be made.

Choirbolical Schedule at FoV  2017

 

Day Dates Schedule Venue Time
Friday 7th July Arrival

Lunchtime Pop-up performance

Bonfire rehearsal as arranged with Emma Porteous

Bonfire

 Singers’ Lounge Performance

 

Salamanca

 

 

Long Gallery

 

 

 

 

 

6:00pm

 

After 7:30pm

Saturday 8th July VISIT Salamanca Market

Pop-up Performance

Workshop with Paul Jarman

 

Rehearsal for Sharing Our Music “

Sharing Our Music

 

Singers’ Lounge Performance

Salamanca Market

 

Long Gallery

 

Town Hall

 

Town Hall

 

Long Gallery

 

 

 

2:00-4:00pm

 

4:30-5:00pm

 

7:30pm

 

After 10:00pm

 

 

Sunday 9th July Farmers Market Pop-up Performance

Sunday Afternoon Choral Concert-

https://festivalofvoices.com/sunday-afternoon-concert/

 Rachmaninoff Vigil  

https://festivalofvoices.com/vigil/

 

Town Hall

 

 

St. David’s Cathedral

 

3:00pm

 

 

8:00pm

Monday 10th July Lunchtime Singing- Vicky Jacobs- BE OUR GUEST! ?

https://festivalofvoices.com/lunchtime-singing/

 

Farewell Song

Town Hall

 

 

 

Airport

1:00pm