VOCE meeting 25 July

VOCE Meeting

Attending: Pam, Rebecca, Lesley, Gail, Stuart, Catherine, Marion. Apologies: Kent, Dino

AGENDA items

  1. Languages & Cultures Festival: 20th Aug – Astrid not available

ACTIONS show of hands @ rehearsal of singers willing to go / Rebecca to email Chrissie M and Susie F to see if they are willing to help conduct.

  1. November Events:
  2. Friday 10th Nov, Jazz @ Toowoomba North Bowls club
  3. Saturday 11th Nov, Joint Concert with Toowoomba Vocal Ensemble (Elaine Coates)

ACTIONS- a) Marion to add dates & details to website   b) Kent to contact Elaine to confirm with Elaine. Suggest Elaine and Astrid be in touch directly with each other and choose a piece of music to exchange. Next VOCE confirm proposal – venue (CUA or too small?)/ money raiser?/ charity concert? Etc.

  1. Christmas Wonderland: Suggestion that if we participate, our final rehearsal could be Tues 5th December and we offer to walk over and sing a bracket of songs at 8pm. Break-up?

ACTIONS- Check with Astrid if willing/ Marion remove 19th Dec rehearsal from web calendar.

  1. FOV-Festival of Voices wrap up: a) Payment for Astrid – ACTION – Catherine to follow-up with Astrid      b) Report and photos to go on the website. ACTION – Marion to compile report and ask Astrid about photos. c) Andrew to talk at next rehearsal. C) Thankyou to Anna Goldsmith for coordinating communication ACTION–  Pam to organize card/ Gail to get flowers for next rehearsal.
  2. Banner: Stuart to investigate cost of a flag banner with Snap Printing
  3. Amplifier & Risers: Stuart to discuss with Astrid possibility of using an amplifier (hire/borrow to trial). Catherine to check Owen’s Photography portable risers & Stuart other possibilities to give portable height to back row.
  4. Name Tags: Pam to get blanks from Judy and have available for new members from next rehearsal. Encourage everyone to wear?
  5. VOCE admin notebook: have a standard operational procedures login tab on website to access important info, e.g. insurance/ banking/ hall contact & keys/ equipment inc. piano/ webmaster & management/ artwork files/ other choirs contact list ACTIONS- Rebecca to start compiling list/ Marion to arrange new tab for 2018
  6. Emails on Website: who receives and replies to comments/ emails on website. Astrid??
  7. SING into SPRING @ Walton’s Store Stage September 9th – suggesting a later time 12.30 pm or 1pm ACTION: check with Astrid & Pam to check out the market at these times. Lesley to ask about requirements needed to put photos or advertise our performance on the screen.
  8. PHOTOS: a) CUA concert photos taken by Nev Madsen ACTIONS: Pam to get thankyou card/ Lesley to get bottle of wine/ Gail to give them to Nev with our thanks. Marion to ask Astrid about choosing files for the website. CUA have requested photos from this performance and from FOV to include in their newsletter? b) Just Us Choirbolical facebook created by Chris – some photos there can we choose and add some to website which is more accessible for all. Are there more photos out there? Astrid?
  9. New Repertoire; look forward to new music for performances for the rest of year.
  10. Theatre Restaurant – choirbolical table @ theatre restaurant in Ipswich with Clive and Alison? Clive and Alison to bring fliers.
  11. BIG SING: Astrid is not available –Communicate to choir/ show hands those that may attend/ want to sing without Astrid…

 

VOCE meeting at Pam Wilson’s house 15 Argyle Street  Tuesday 25 July 6:30.

 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, VOCE Meetings & Minutes by Rebecca Buchanan. Bookmark the permalink.

About Rebecca Buchanan

Singing with other revellers at the Anzac dawn service got me invited to join Choirbolical. I am originally from Seattle and I'm now a proud Aussie citizen. The high standard and quick humour of our director makes the hard work really rewarding. The choir is a welcoming, fun and committed group ready to take on the next song. Come sing with us!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *