Just a reminder there is a rehearsal tomorrow, 20th Feb.
We have a venue for a Spring Sing here in Toowoomba at the USQ theatre. Anyone interested in stepping forward to form a committee to run through Pam Wilson’s list of things to do – which has been tested and proven!! There will be time after the rehearsal to find out what is involved. Many hands make light work – and a lovely way to get to know people better.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Warm regards, Lesley
- All welcome to attend a VOCE meeting at Pam’s to confirm events for this year. 6pm tomorrow
Minutes of meeting held 13/2/18
Present: Pam, Lesley, Gail, Stewart, Catherine, Chris R, Marion. Apology: Kent
- Banner: Confirmed purchase of free-standing Choirbolical banner. (Stewart)
- Jazz night Friday May 11 – confirmed with Astrid. Up to 5 songs, free admission to singers and $15 for partners. 8.40pm to sing in the interval between brackets of a local jazz group. North Toowoomba Bowls club. (Marion)
- Saturday event – May 12 (Astrid unavailable)
- Wilsonton Gallery – Saturday June 16 – Dan’s Exhibition opening- details to come (Pam)
- Spring Sing – USQ available Sunday 16th + Astrid available A Spring Sing committee to form and start organising from now. (Pam to hand on info & find new co-ordinator)
- Recording Parts. Astrid unable to provide parts but choristers are welcome to record on phones for their own use. We felt we may need to announce recording times to minimize background noise (chatting!)
- Badges – people encouraged to wear
- Announcements – A big thank you to Astrid for a wonderful start of the year Workshop. FEES reminder. Dates for Diaries (Kent) (Chris – gift)
- Financial report – healthy bank balance. Budget for on-going costs including accompanist (Melinda), hall hire, musical director (Astrid), insurance. Could consider spending money: suggestions include portable PA system, Drums, and subsidised drumming workshop, (Lesley to look into another workshop date)
- Thank you Pam for hosting meeting.
Sorry if you have already received the music in an email, but for those who did not, I will post it here and will leave this post for around 48 hours.
Young – Thule mama
WWY – Full Score
Don’t forget Singing Workshop this Saturday with Astrid and some fabulous music. ALL interested singing folk WELCOME
De Molay House Margaret Street 10th February
8.30am for a 9.00am start.
10.45am Break (Bring a plate to share)
Approx 1.00pm finish
All welcome to share lunch at Chrissy’s home at Highfields after – get directions on the day. BYO food.
COST: $20 waged/ $10 unwaged.
Payments can be made in cash on the day or Direct Debit to Choirbolical account. Find banking details ( and choir fees hint-hint) under the Fees tab.
Hope to see you there.
I forgot to mention that I put up a new song in “Repertoire” last night. An arrangement of “The Parting Glass”. See if you can print a copy for tonight!
Hope this gets to Alison Phillips.
Have you invited any friends to our singing workshop this Saturday 10th Feb 8:30 to 1:30 at De Molay House?
Ready to sing tomorrow? the first Tuesday of the month. Ready for 7pm at De Molay House.
If anyone needs a copy of the music I have printed an extra copy.
Happy New Year!
I have just uploaded 4 pieces for our first rehearsal on Tuesday evening. Perhaps a few of you could print the odd spare copy for those without website access.
See you next week!
Choirbolical February Workshop with Astrid will be held on…
Saturday 10th February 8.30am – 1.30pm @ DeMolay Hall
Cost : $20 waged $10 unwaged
Bring a plate to share for our break
Sorry for the late confirmation, but we have been having trouble finding a suitable venue. Then this week we were notified that our ‘home’ venue is now available. Hooray!! Further details of the Workshop to follow soon. In the meantime spread the word as it is a great opportunity for new singers to come along as we will be starting new repertoire
Don’t forget our first rehearsal for 2018 will be next Tuesday ( a 5th Tuesday) 30th January @ DeMolay Hall Margaret Street 7pm.
VOCE MEETING – 19 December 2017
Present: Rebecca, Kent, Pam, Gail, Stuart, Lesley
Apologies: Marion, Judy W, Chris R
a. Starting the year
• First rehearsal 5th Tuesday in January, 30 January, then Tuesday 6 February
• Workshop – Saturday 10 February to be followed by gathering at Chris R’s place
Action: Kent to check De Molay availability
• We will review at beginning of year but if problems persist Lesley will keep a parallel email list and send them out from her own address
• Astrid indicated is useful to have an accompanist. Action: Pam will talk to Melinda.
d. Assistant Conductor
• Proposal to find somebody who can come to rehearsals, no fees and to be paid for any rehearsals/performances where Astrid can’t attend
• Action: Kent to email Sarah Abawi and make approach on behalf of VOCE
e. Performances, incl. Spring Sing
• One substantial performance per quarter
• First quarter – Jazz Club. Action: Marion to book 27 April with Jazz Club, if possible
• Second quarter – Singing at Wilsonton Art Gallery June 16th
• Third quarter – Spring Sing 15 September
• Fourth quarter – Big Sing 28 October
• End of Year concert – early December – Action: Lesley to ask Elaine about Saturday 8 December.
• Other ad hoc performances as they come up through the year, eg. CUA,
• Would like continuity through the year, eg. keep some repertoire current after each performance
• Recording of parts – offer to pay for Astrid’s time or other recording options. Possibility of recording parts at rehearsal on phones – to try this and see how it goes