At our rehearsal tonight – Fields of Gold – a small tribute sung in memory of Shelley Gapp – one of our original ‘Choirbolicals’.
A reminder this Tuesday 19th Feb is a rehearsal. Please bring your Fields of Gold sheet music as we will be singing this one again.
Thanks to everyone for a wonderful workshop today truly inspirational. We learn’t how to make our voice go around our head with amazing results and thanks to CUA community hub for providing such a wonderful venue. Astrid and Matt for all your hard work and energy.
See you all this week.
Don’t forget our Workshop this Sunday – see details in previous post.
Here’s the link Astrid recommended:
Tis the Last Rose of Summer – Darmon Meader https://youtu.be/NgJC_sY9hgA
AND if you can get a ticket do go along to Avenue Q with our own Matt – the best laugh and fabulous performance by Toowoomba’s Shoebox Theatre Co
Our next rehearsal is 5th Feb 6:45 ready for a 7pm start at De Molay House next to the Park House Cafe in Margaret St.
We will need to get things underway for our workshop on the 17th Feb at CUA hub (airconditioned) in Ruthven St, $20 for waged and $15 for unwaged. Bring a friend and a plate of food. Choirbolical provides tea and coffee supplies.
We only have this rehearsal before the workshop. Astrid usually provides new repertoire for this workshop so it is new for all participants.
Remember you need to click on the link to Login ( situated under Meta).
Head on over to the repertoire tab to find a link to the “Halo” rehearsal tracks and some instructions. What fun we’ll have together!
See you in a week,
Looking forward to seeing old faces and new at our first choir rehearsal for 2019 on Tuesday 29th Jan. 6.45pm at DeMolay.
You can find all choir dates under the Rehearsal tab and a new fee schedule under the FEE tab. It includes a casual fee if you can only come a few times in the Term and find this a better option. A year commitment will offer you a discount. Or pay by the term.
See you soon.
VOCE MEETING – 24.1.19
Present: Marion, Rob, Eileen, Pam, Lesley, Susie, Dia, Stuart, Chris R, Gail, Kent
- Treasurer: Rob was gratefully acclaimed as new treasurer. Catherine will remain a co-signatory.
- Kent will take minutes for the meetings he is able to attend and Pam when he can’t attend.
- Announcements at rehearsals:Action: Lesley will do this as well as continue putting up posts on the website, Marion if she isn’t there
- Somebody who will welcome new attendees, give them flyer and take their names and contact details: Action: Gail agreed to do this
- Insurance policy; Action: Rob to check to ensure we have a copy of this handy
- Liaising with Astrid & Matt – eg. around proposed performances, rehearsal dates, etc: Action: Susie & Stuart
- Facebook page:Currently not active. Action: Susie agreed to take responsibility for keeping the Facebook page current.
- Financial Report: Action: Rob will present a summary statement of income and expenditure each meeting. Any specific questions can be directed towards Rob at the meeting
- Reimbursement to Marion for gifts; Action: Marion to present a statement to Rob for reimbursement
- Ideas for Performances:
- Infinite Care – newly opened aged care facility request for a performance later in the year Action: Di to keep informed later in the year.
- Westhaven RSL care has asked us to come back – possibly Anzac Day. Action: Stuart and Susie to check Astrid’s availability
- Stradbroke Island possibility – Action: Kent will ask Loretto to check with AnnBermingham whether there have been further developments
- End of year concert:Concept of performing the year’s repertoire, with one or two other selected choirs. Partner with a community organisation and any proceeds after costs donated to this organisation. Date: A Sunday afternoon in November – Action: Stuart and Susie will discuss with Astrid and confirm date
- Sunshine Coast – Oriana Choir. Choral Festival – 15 June. Action: Check details with Matt
- NZ Choral Festival – 2020 – Action:Stuart and Susie will discuss with Astrid
- Tenterfield concert –Sunday 7 July poss. 2 pm – concert in Tenterfield Town Hall as end event of New England Music Winter School. Action: Stuart and Susie to discuss with Astrid as to her availability
- Christmas Wonderland – Action: Susie & Stuart to discuss with Astrid as her availability
- Workshop: Date 17 February, CUA Ruthven Street, booked from 8.30 am – 2.00 pm. Commence 9 am – 11 am, food break, 30 am – 1 pm. Cost: $20 waged, $15 unwaged and bring a plate of food
Happy New Year! Looking forward to another fabulous year of singing together 🙂
I have uploaded 6 pieces (3 of which have been done before, hopefully you can save on some paper) into the Repertoire section of the website.
Sign in and print them off for rehearsal tomorrow. Perhaps even check in again tomorrow, before rehearsal, in case there are any extra additions.
We are looking forward to a new year of singing together. To start the year off here are some initial dates to put in your calendar:
VOCE meeting – Thursday 24th January 6pm @ Park House Cafe – all welcome to join us at the reserved table if you would like to be an active member of this group who will help with the smooth running of choir in 2019.
Find Nov 2018 VOCE minutes in previous post to see how you can help and what we may be looking forward to.
First choir rehearsal – Tuesday 29th January at DeMolay House Margaret St. 6.45pm for a 7pm start – 8.30pm finish.
Early WORKSHOP – proposed date: Sunday 17th February. Details to follow.
See you soon.