This Sunday at Laurel Bank Park. Meet on lawn behind Croquet Club. Bring a coffee or drink @ 2.30pm for a ‘distance’ catch up and 3pm start. Fingers crossed the weather will be good. See Matt’s posts below for music. 🙂
Hope you are well and keen to get back together to sing! I want to keep our first time back singing en-masse (and in person) quite simple, so we will do some familiar pieces! Please dig out your copies of the following to bring along on Sunday, 19th July (2:30pm bring-your-own-coffee for a 3pm start):
- Baraka na wewe
- Ya Basta
Very much looking forward to seeing you all there! Do let me know if you have any questions!
Much love and keep smiling,
Wondering what is coming up next? VOCE recently meet. Below are notes from our meeting and a plan for park rehearsals… read on
VOCE Meeting (zoom) 22/6/20
Attending: Rob, Gail, Pam, Michael, Matt, Susie, Linda, Marion, (Chris R) Apologies: Catherine, Chrissie, Stuart.
- Financials – Rob presented the financials which were accepted. Hall hire has been suspended for the moment.
- Video project – Thank you to all the participants for taking the challenge!! And a big thank you to Matt and parts coordinators Chrissie, Susie and Michael for zooming the rehearsals. Sadly we are farewelling Susie who is starting a new job up north and we wish her all the best.
- Finalising and Publishing Video – stay posted cause it’s on its way.
- Term 3 Rehearsals – while the calendar suggests our Term 3 is starting, we discussed alternatives to our usual Tuesday evening meetings. Matt has confirmed the following:
Sunday afternoon Park Rehearsals.
Where: Laurel Bank Park.
Near hall/ car park off Hill Street. Dates: July 19th / 26th August 2nd/ 9th Time: 3pm – 4pm bring a coffee at 2.30pm to chat beforehand if you like.
Music – details to follow in Matt’s post.
- We will reassess situation after these 4 weeks. Hope you can join us.
No zoom rehearsals are planned in June at this stage. Those participating in the virtual choir project will be busy practicing, recording and uploading their videos over the next couple of weeks. See email from Matt re: uploading to Dropbox.
We await updates with the pandemic medical advise in regards to returning to our evening hall rehearsals and meantime VOCE will continue to consider other alternatives.
take care all,
Our ‘isolation’ choir song is coming together beautifully with zoom practices, singing along to Matt’s fabulous videos and even the odd socially distant sing in the park.
What is coming up?
· Put the music away and practice singing along to Matt’s video of your part using headphones (or at least one so you can hear yourself and Matt). Videos are located under Repertoire tab when you log in.
· Try videoing yourself singing. Instructions below.
Next zoom rehearsal – Tues 26th May
· We will sing through the song then have time to trouble shoot and problem solve queries about recording.
Following week 27th May -2nd June
· Time to record.
INSTRUCTIONS for recording
1. Use 2 devices. One – listen, and watch Matt while singing along with headphones. Two – a recording device e.g quality phone. Don’t forget to clap!
2. Frame yourself in Landscape. Check you are framed well in the space, not too close/too far away, square on rather than looking up your nose and check what is in the background behind you.
3. Check your face has light on it. Daytime recordings with extra house/lamp lights on works well.
4. Check quality of sound on your recording device. If you miss a note or make a mistake that’s fine, but the overall quality of the sound should be clear.
5. Lastly, be colourful, have fun and smile a lot in this song.
To add a little character to the video you have the option to also send a second very short (5sec) video of yourself outside doing something you love with views of gardens, trees, sky clouds, kids (the audio will not be used but the images may).
If you haven’t seen our trial video yet – this was a few of us singing Ave Verum working out the process with Matt and our technician Andrew in Sydney who is putting it together.
Further instructions re: final recording and submitting videos coming next week.
p.s. A few Choirbolicals can be spotted in the latest Couch Choir of Love’s in Need of Love Today – a song we sang together not so long ago. Congratulations to Astrid and her team.
Number three this TUESDAY 19 May.
6.30pm – Altos – Susie Fredline [email protected]
7.00pm – Men (Bass & Tenor) – Michael Murtagh [email protected]
7.30pm – Sopranos – Chrissie Martin [email protected]
Contact your coordinator if you have any questions or difficulties connecting.
See you there. KSKS
It has been brought to my attention that some members of Choirbolical don’t always read these posts or the emails they generate. How does this happen?
So…if you have missed the wonderful rehearsal videos posted by Matt on May 3, please check in repertoire. You may have missed the little word “here” at the bottom of the message.
Enjoy and keep practising.
Please look out for any additional emails from your “part’s coordinator”. Some parts are planning a get-social-distancing-together this weekend.
Technicalities re recording will be discussed by the end of the month…I think.
Another week has just sped past so be ready for your allocated time TOMORROW NIGHT. Have you practised since last week. This evening might be the time. Enjoy.
There is still time to register your attendance with Rob who is coordinating with our lovely zoom ‘parts’ coordinators. Please pass on to your singing friends and even get together with someone in your ‘bubble’ to rehearse.
6.30pm Alto – Susie
7.00pm Men – Michael
7.30pm Sops – Chrissie M
See previous posts for more details about:
1.Our virtual choir project and trial – feel free to join rehearsals even if unsure of being part of the final video project.
2. Matt’s fabulous rehearsal videos (NB click ‘continue to website’ from the link)
Hope you are all safe and well. I have put up the sheet music and links to the part videos in the repertoire section of the website. Please take a look before our rehearsal sessions. Excited to see as many of you as possible at your scheduled zoom rehearsal time on Tuesday night!