VOCE MEETING – 24.1.19
Present: Marion, Rob, Eileen, Pam, Lesley, Susie, Dia, Stuart, Chris R, Gail, Kent
- Treasurer: Rob was gratefully acclaimed as new treasurer. Catherine will remain a co-signatory.
- Kent will take minutes for the meetings he is able to attend and Pam when he can’t attend.
- Announcements at rehearsals:Action: Lesley will do this as well as continue putting up posts on the website, Marion if she isn’t there
- Somebody who will welcome new attendees, give them flyer and take their names and contact details: Action: Gail agreed to do this
- Insurance policy; Action: Rob to check to ensure we have a copy of this handy
- Liaising with Astrid & Matt – eg. around proposed performances, rehearsal dates, etc: Action: Susie & Stuart
- Facebook page:Currently not active. Action: Susie agreed to take responsibility for keeping the Facebook page current.
- Financial Report: Action: Rob will present a summary statement of income and expenditure each meeting. Any specific questions can be directed towards Rob at the meeting
- Reimbursement to Marion for gifts; Action: Marion to present a statement to Rob for reimbursement
- Ideas for Performances:
- Infinite Care – newly opened aged care facility request for a performance later in the year Action: Di to keep informed later in the year.
- Westhaven RSL care has asked us to come back – possibly Anzac Day. Action: Stuart and Susie to check Astrid’s availability
- Stradbroke Island possibility – Action: Kent will ask Loretto to check with AnnBermingham whether there have been further developments
- End of year concert:Concept of performing the year’s repertoire, with one or two other selected choirs. Partner with a community organisation and any proceeds after costs donated to this organisation. Date: A Sunday afternoon in November – Action: Stuart and Susie will discuss with Astrid and confirm date
- Sunshine Coast – Oriana Choir. Choral Festival – 15 June. Action: Check details with Matt
- NZ Choral Festival – 2020 – Action:Stuart and Susie will discuss with Astrid
- Tenterfield concert –Sunday 7 July poss. 2 pm – concert in Tenterfield Town Hall as end event of New England Music Winter School. Action: Stuart and Susie to discuss with Astrid as to her availability
- Christmas Wonderland – Action: Susie & Stuart to discuss with Astrid as her availability
- Workshop: Date 17 February, CUA Ruthven Street, booked from 8.30 am – 2.00 pm. Commence 9 am – 11 am, food break, 30 am – 1 pm. Cost: $20 waged, $15 unwaged and bring a plate of food