Great job on the weekend – with every pop up performance the songs sounded better and better. A really productive day of singing and laughing!!!
As a few more concerts and the Festival of Voices approach us, I thought I should just reiterate again what I would like you to focus on when you find some time to practice. The following pieces are in order of importance:
- Father Father. Listen to the track, start to learn from memory.
- Sing Me To Heaven. As above.
- Listen to “90′ Freedom” by George Michael*****
- Red Hot.
- Riu, Riu Chiu. Sopranos especially!
- I Wish I Knew How It Feels To Be Free. Sounds beautiful, just learn the words
- Heyr Himna. Also sounds beautiful, focus on words.
- E Malama
- Ewe’ Thina.
***** The festival has asked us to learn a George Michael Song to sing at the Bonfire opening ceremony in front of 5000 people. They originally wanted “Faith”, but have now changed it to “Freedom”. Paul Jarman has been commissioned to especially write out an arrangement to suit Choirbolical. This is HUGE! I am so excited. You should become very familiar with this song. Listen to it a number of times, get to know the rhythm of the lyrics, and sing along as often as you can so we know the song really well by the time we receive the arrangement.
Here’s a link to the youtube clip for your convenience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYAc7gB-0A